WORKING WITH US
Create Your Advantage
Take your career to the next level with our diverse opportunities for talented graduates in 2022!
Hastings Deering Graduate Program invests in future leaders though our 2-3 year program where you will complete 6 month rotations across 4 different placements.
We believe people are our advantage and we want to partner with you to realise your potential.
What's In It For Me?
- A flexible 2 or 3 year rotational program
- Continuous coaching and mentoring
- Regular check-in meetings to see how you’re going
- Specialised training to assist you accelerate your skills
- Professional skills workshops to continue to build your business skills
- Opportunities for a rotation through a Regional Business Centre
- Access to e-Learning Courses
- Networking opportunities with the Managing Director and General Managers
- Ability to network with other Graduates and the Hastings Deering Graduate Alumni
- Competitive remuneration package
- Permanent placement after the Graduate Program within your preferred career ambition
- Discounts on private health, vehicles, travel and more
- Flexible leave arrangements
- Free on-site parking
- Ongoing support from our Talent Management team
- Continuous support, mentoring and leadership through your Senior Leader and Program Sponsor
- Women in Mining and Resources Queensland 2020: Diversity Award, Together As One – Winner
- Comprehensive employee and leadership programs
- Queensland Training Awards 2019/ 2020: Large Employer of The Year (Metropolitan) – Winner
Explore each of the graduate streams available for our 2022 Graduate program to see where you can create your advantage. We welcome and encourage applications from the below disciplines to apply.
A professional program that provides hands-on accounting and finance experience, with exposure to Financial Reporting, Commercial Finance, Tax and Treasury and Internal Audit. Graduates will be financially supported in their completion of the CA or CPA program.
A well-rounded program that provides hands-on experience in all facets of Human Resources, including Recruitment, Remuneration, HR Operations, Capability, Talent and Employee Experience.
A well-rounded program designed to provide you a strong foundation in all facets of Sales and Marketing including Service and Parts Marketing, Service Excellence, Warehouse/ Distribution and Asset Management.
A professional program designed to ground you in the fundamental areas of Engineering at Hastings Deering. You will gain exposure to engineering services and design, production and performance, and engineering strategy.
We look for a diverse range of candidates who aspire to work in a dynamic team environment, have a willingness to travel, and possess time management and organisational skills.
Key requirements include:
- You'll have completed your undergraduate studies within the last 3 years.
- You'll have a minimum pass average.
- You're an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time you apply.
We have answered some of your frequently asked questions about the Graduate Program.
Graduate Applicant Top Five Tips
Before applying for our Graduate Program, feel prepared with our top 5 tips!
Meet our Graduates
Meet our current group of graduates and find out more about their experiences on the program.