WORKING WITH US
Accelerate Your Career
Applications for the 2021 intake are now closed
Take your career to the next level post university with our diverse opportunities for talented Graduates!
Hastings Deering Graduate Program invests in our future leaders. We believe people are our advantage and we want to partner with you to realise your potential.
Who are we?
Hastings Deering is one of the largest Caterpillar dealer networks in the world, with a strong presence in construction, transport, mining, agricultural and government industries. With over 3000 employees our company spans across 23 Business Centers in Queensland, Northern Territory, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and New Caledonia.
Our purpose is to build a better future and we do this through our diverse and talented workforce.
Why Join our program?
Our comprehensive Graduate program provides structured learning and rotations through various areas of the business allowing Graduates to experience on-the-job training, coaching and leadership mentoring. Based in Brisbane, with regional rotations this three-year program will see you emerge with measurable experience and having achieved genuine progress and impacts on the business.
We have answered some of your frequently asked questions about the Graduate Program.
Graduate Applicant Top Five Tips
Graduate Programs Available
- HR Graduate
- Engineering Graduate
- Sales and Marketing Graduate
- Finance Graduate
- Three-year duration with structured rotations ranging from 3 to 6 months each
- Designed to provide you with broad exposure across the Hastings Deering business
- Permanent placement after rotation within your field of expertise
- The opportunity for regional exposure in other Business Centers
- Competitive Renumeration Package
How we support success
Throughout the program you will have access to:
- A structured induction program
- Structured rotation development plans
- On-the-job training and education
- Coaching and mentoring
- Networking events
- Ongoing support from your Program Sponsor and Graduate Program Manager
- Professional skill development including Presentation Skills, Workplace profiling, and Personal Performance
- CPA (Finance Graduate Program only)
- Australian Human Resources Institute Membership (HR Graduate Program only)
Flexibility and Benefits
We believe in investing in our people and providing an environment which you can be proud to work in. Our ‘Together as One’ program is designed to create an environment where you and your team mates feel like they belong and can make a contribution. In addition to an amazing culture and an organization that truly cares for the safety of our people, we offer a number of other benefits including:
- A competitive remuneration package
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and their families
- Discounts on private health, vehicles, travel and more
- Free on-site parking
- Ongoing training and support to further your career
- Recent graduate/graduated within the last 3 years/graduating end of the year
- Aspiring to work in a dynamic team environment
- Hardworking, determined, conscientious
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Flexibility and adaptability
HR Graduate Program
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Psychology
Engineering Graduate Program
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace)
- Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Honours)
- Dual degrees accepted with Engineering qualification
Sales and Marketing Graduate Program
- Bachelor of Advanced Business (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business (Majoring in Logistics Supply Chain Management)
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of International Business
- Bachelor of Communication
- Bachelor of Business Innovation
- Any majors
- Dual degrees accepted
Finance Graduate Program
- Bachelor and/or Post Graduate qualifications in Commerce, Business, Finance or equivalent.