Get More Done Comfortably And Efficiently
With a legendary Cat® motor grader pedigree, the 150/150 AWD models offer peak performance, efficiency, long life and operator comfort. Available with a deep array of technologies to lessen the load on operators and enhance grading performance. It's one high productivity machine.
Optimal power train control
Differential lock that auto locks/unlocks for easier operation and helps to protect the power train.
Up to 78% less arm movement
Reduce fatigue from arm movement with joystick controls.
Maximise machine performance
Get work done with a variety of work tools, designed to help keep the machine more productive.
Cat GRADE with 3D
GRADE with 3D for motor graders is a machine integrated grade control system that helps you get to grade faster with more accuracy, efficiency, and productivity. Automatic blade control reduces operator inputs and the number of passes to get the job done to save you time and money.
Integrated Mastless Technology
The Mastless system improves grading efficiency, accuracy and productivity of automated grading systems without the restriction associated with GNSS Blade Masts.
TOP POINTS ON WHOLE OF LIFE EVALUATION
John Lyons, Manager of Construction and Maintenance for the Moyne Shire Council
A JOY TO OPERATE
Greg Walters, Greg's Grader Hire
Peter Anderson, Anderson Grading
Technology That Pushes Profits
- Makes smart use of technology and services to improve job site efficiency.
- Provides important insight into your equipment and operations.
- Equipment Management - increase uptime and reduce operating costs.
- Productivity - monitor production and manage job site efficiency.
- Safety - enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.
Built To Perform
- Cat C7 engine delivers the performance needed to maintain consistent grading speeds for maximum productivity.
- Superior torque and lugging capability provide the power to pull through sudden, short-term increases in loads.
- Engine technology lowers combustion chamber temp. Optimising combustion for more output for each unit of fuel.
- Hydraulic demand fan auto adjusts speed according to engine cooling requirements. When cooling demand is reduced, you benefit from more power to the ground and improved fuel efficiency.
- Save fuel and reduce emissions with software-enabled Engine Idle Shutdown Timer.
- Designed and manufactured to give you efficiency and longevity in your most demanding applications.
- Standard Automatic Differential Lock/Unlock; unlocks the differential during a turn and re-locks when straight for easier operation and to help protect the power train.
- Full Electronic Clutch Pressure Control system optimises inching modulation for smooth shifts and directional changes, reducing stress on gears.
- Programmable AutoShift simplifies operation, allowing operators to program the transmission to shift at optimal points to match your application.
- Power Shift Countershaft Transmission is matched to the Cat engine to maximize power to the ground.
- Wide operating gear range for maximum productivity.
- Integrated mastless technology improves grading efficiency, accuracy and productivity or automated grading systems without the restriction associated with GNSS Blade Masts.
Reliability You Can Count On
- Proven load-sensing system and advanced electro-hydraulics give you superior implement control and responsive hydraulic performance. Continuously matching hydraulic flow/pressure to power demands generates less heat and reduces fuel consumption.
- Proportional Priority Pressure-Compensating (PPP-C) valves have different flow rates for the head and rod ends of the cylinder. Count on consistent, predictable implement response.
- Balanced hydraulic flow is proportioned ensuring implements operate simultaneously without slowing the engine or implement reaction time.
- Blade Float allows the blade to move freely under its own weight.
- Float both cylinders allowing the blade to follow the ground contours
- Floating only one cylinder permits the toe of the blade to follow a hard surface while the operator controls the slope with the other lift cylinder.
- Large, separate hydraulic oil supplies prevent cross-contamination and provide proper oil cooling, which reduces heat build-up and extends component life.
- Cat XT™ hose allows high pressures for maximum power and reduced downtime.
Designed For Operators
- Good visibility is key to safety and efficiency. Angled cab doors, tapered engine enclosure and a sloped rear window make it easy to see the moldboard and tires, as well as behind the machine.
- Factory fitted rear vision camera further enhances lines of sight all around the machine.
- The most spacious, comfortable cab in the industry.
- Easy-to-learn joystick controls replace levers, so hand and arm movements are reduced by 78%.
- Steering control automatically reduces sensitivity at higher ground speeds for predictable control.
- Touch button Articulation Return-to-Center auto returns the machine to a straight frame position from any angle.
- Infinitely variable roller control switches in easy reach; controlling rear ripper and/or front lift group (if equipped)
- Electronic Throttle Control for productivity gains; best match of horsepower and torque to match the application.
- High capacity Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system dehumidifies and pressurizes the cab, circulates fresh air, seals out dust and keeps windows clear from fogging.
- Deluxe radio with CD features MP3 and Bluetooth® technology is standard.
Safely Home, Every Day
- Operator Presence Monitor keeps parking brake engaged and hydraulic implements disabled until the operator is seated and the machine is ready for operation.
- Speed Sensitive Steering lessens sensitivity as ground speed increases for greater confidence and control.
- Secondary Steering System's electric hydraulic pump automatically engages in case of a drop in steering pressure to ensure operator can steer the machine to a stop.
- Hydraulic lockout disables all implement functions while still providing machine steering control.
- Brakes located at each tandem wheel to eliminate braking loads on the power train. Redundant brake systems utilise accumulators to enable stopping in case of machine failure.
- Perforated steel tandem walkways with convenient grab rails for sturdy platform when moving on, off and around.
- Circle Drive Slip Clutch protects the drawbar, circle and moldboard from shock loads if the blade encounters an immovable object and also reduces the possibility of abrupt directional changes in poor traction conditions.
- Blade Lift Accumulators help absorb impact loads by allowing vertical blade travel. This optional feature reduces wear and impact loading for enhanced operator safety.
- E-Fence technology that prevents the moldboard from hitting the tyres and ladders and stops the circle from potentially damaging the link bar.
Heavy Duty Construction
- Filters, such as fuel, engine air, and oil filters, are grouped together for easy access.
- Caterpillar designs motor grader frame and drawbar components to give you performance and durability.
- One-piece forged steel circle stands up to high stress loads, and a sacrificial wear system helps keep your service time and costs down.
- Articulation hitch features a large tapered roller bearing to carry loads evenly and smoothly. Sealed to prevent contamination and a locking pin prevents articulation during service or transport.
- The drawbar, circle and moldboard make it easy for you to keep the components tight.
- Shims and patented top-adjust wear strips are easy to add or replace, reducing downtime.
- Durable nylon composite wear inserts maximize circle torque and component life.
- Sacrificial brass wear strips between blade mounting group and moldboard can be easily adjusted and replaced.
- Shim less Moldboard Retention System uses vertical and horizontal adjusting screws to keep moldboard wear strips aligned for reduced blade chatter and precise blade control.
- An aggressive blade angle, optimized moldboard curvature and large throat clearance help you work more efficiently by allowing material to roll more freely along the blade.
- Heat-treated rails, hardened cutting edges and end bits, and heavy duty bolts to give you greater moldboard reliability and long service life.
- Link bar allows extreme moldboard positioning for easier bank sloping and ditch cutting/cleaning.