Get More Done Comfortably And EfficientlyDesigned for maximum operator comfort, the Cat® 140 optimises on-site operational efficiency and productivity to enable your team to get more work done in less time and get the most out of your investment to build and maintain roads. The new Cat 140delivers an array of benefits that make it the right choice for creating smooth, flat surfaces across all civil construction, mining and roadworks applications, including optimised efficiency, increased productivity, improved safety and reduced operator fatigue.
With a Cat C7 engine, the Cat 140 delivers industry-leading performance, enabling your operators to maintain consistent grading speeds that translate to maximum on-site productivity. Combined with integrated Cat technologies like Cat GRADE with 3D, a machine integrated grade control system, this motor grader helps you get to grade faster with more accuracy, efficiency, and productivity. Additional features that make this the stand-out motor grader in the class include the integrated mastless system which improves grading efficiency, accuracy and productivity of automated grading systems without the restriction associated with GNSS Blade Masts, and the Automatic blade control that reduces operator inputs and the number of passes to get the job done to save you time and money.
Compatible with a wide variety of work tools that are designed to help keep the machine more productive and maximise overall machine performance, the Cat 140 motor grader delivers a heavy-duty construction and an array of features to keep your service time and repair costs down, including a differential lock that auto locks/unlocks for easier operation and helps to protect the power train. With a one-piece forged steel circle, this best-in-class motor grader can withstand high-stress loads, and with a large tapered roller bearing with locking bearing on the articulation hitch, carries loads evenly and prevents articulation during transport or service.
As a Cat motor grader, the Cat 140 has been designed to ensure the highest standards of operator comfort and safety, delivering better comfort and control with the most spacious cab in the industry and a range of features. These features include the speed-sensitive steering which delivers enhanced control and makes steering less sensitive as ground speed increases, and the secondary electric hydraulic steering pump that automatically engages when steering pressure drops, allowing the operator to safely steer the machine to a stop. The Cat 140s also notable for helping to reduce operator fatigue, with joystick controls reducing hand and arm movement by as much as 78% and the Cat Comfort Series suspension seat providing industry-leading support.
Backed by our extensive service coverage, flat rate scheduled servicing and 24/7 parts availability, Hastings Deering is the right choice for your heavy equipment needs and offers the Cat 140 motor grader for sale at our Queensland and the Northern Territory branches. Contact your local Hastings Deering branch to trial the new Cat today.
Bore 110mm Derating Altitude 3048m Displacement 7.2l Emissions Emissions equivalent to U.S. EPA Tier 3 and EU Stage IIIA. Engine Model Cat® C7 High - Ambient Capability 50°C High Ambient - Fan Speed - Maximum 1,650 rpm High Ambient - Fan Speed - Minimum 600 rpm Maximum Torque - VHP Plus 1052N·m Net Power Range (Tier 3) 136kW Note (1) Maximum torque (VHP Plus) measured at 1,000 rpm. Note (2) Net power is tested per ISO 9249, SAE J1349, and EEC 80/1269 Standards in effect at the time of manufacture. Note (3) Net power advertised is the power available at rated speed of 2,000 rpm, measured at the flywheel when engine is equipped with fan running at minimum speed, air cleaner, muffler and alternator. Note (4) Power as declared per ISO 14396; Rated Speed = 2,000 rpm; VHP Plus = 160 kW (214 hp) Note (5) No engine derating required up to 3048 m (10,000 ft). Number of Cylinders 6 Speed at Rated Power 2,000 rpm Standard - Ambient Capability 43°C Standard - Fan Speed - Maximum 1,450 rpm Standard - Fan Speed - Minimum 600 rpm Stroke 127mm Torque Rise - VHP Plus 39% VHP Plus Range - Net 136-159 kW (183-213 hp) VHP Plus Range - Net - Metric 136-159 kW (186-216 hp)Power Train
Brakes - Parking Multiple oil disc Brakes - Secondary Dual circuit control system Brakes - Service Multiple oil disc Brakes - Service - Surface Area 23000cm² Forward/Reverse Gears 8 Forward/6 Reverse Transmission Direct drive, power shift, countershaftHydraulic System
Circuit Type Electro-hydraulic load sensing, closed center Maximum System Pressure 24150kPa Note Pump output measured at 2,150 rpm. Pump Output 210l/min Pump Type Variable piston Standby Pressure 3100kPaOperating Specifications
Articulation Angle - Left/Right 20 degrees Forward - 1st 4km/h Forward - 2nd 5.5km/h Forward - 3rd 8km/h Forward - 4th 11km/h Forward - 5th 17.1km/h Forward - 6th 23.3km/h Forward - 7th 32km/h Forward - 8th 46.6km/h Note Speeds when equipped with 14.0R24 tires. Reverse - 1st 3.2km/h Reverse - 2nd 6km/h Reverse - 3rd 8.7km/h Reverse - 4th 13.5km/h Reverse - 5th 25.3km/h Reverse - 6th 36.8km/h Steering Range - Left/Right 47.5 degrees Top Speed - Forward 46.6km/h Top Speed - Reverse 36.8km/h Turning Radius - Outside Front Tires 7.6mService Refill
Circle Drive Housing 7l Cooling System 40l Engine Oil 25l Front Wheel Spindle Bearing Housing 0.5l Fuel Capacity 416l Hydraulic System - Tank 64l Tandem Housing - Each 64l Transmission - Differential - Final Drives 64lFrame
Circle - Blade Beam Thickness 40mm Circle - Diameter 1530mm Drawbar - Height 152mm Drawbar - Width 76.2mm Front Axle - Height to Center 571mm Front Axle - Total Oscillation per Side 32 degrees Front Axle - Wheel Lean - Left/Right 18 degrees Front Frame Structure - Height 305mm Front Frame Structure - Thickness 16mm Front Frame Structure - Width 305mmTandems
Drive Chain Pitch 50.8mm Height 506mm Sidewall Thickness - Inner 16mm Sidewall Thickness - Outer 18mm Tandem Oscillation - Front Down 25 degrees Tandem Oscillation - Front Up 15 degrees Wheel Axle Spacing 1523mm Width 201mmMoldboard
Arc Radius 413mm Blade Pull - Base GVW 10810kg Blade Pull - Maximum GVW 13685kg Blade Width 3.7m Cutting Edge Thickness 16mm Cutting Edge Width 152mm Down Pressure - Base GVW 7244kg Down Pressure - Maximum GVW 11739kg End Bit - Thickness 16mm End Bit - Width 152mm Moldboard - Height 610mm Moldboard - Thickness 22mm Moldboard - Width 3.7m Note Blade pull calculated at 0.9 traction coefficient, which is equal to no-slip conditions, and Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW). Throat Clearance 166mmBlade Range
Blade Tip Range - Backward 5 degrees Blade Tip Range - Forward 40 degrees Circle Centershift - Left 695mm Circle Centershift - Right 728mm Maximum Blade Position Angle 90 degrees Maximum Depth of Cut 715mm Maximum Lift Above Ground 480mm Maximum Shoulder Reach Outside of Tires - Left 1790mm Maximum Shoulder Reach Outside of Tires - Right 1978mm Moldboard Sideshift - Left 510mm Moldboard Sideshift - Right 660mmRipper
Machine Length Increase, Beam Raised 919mm Penetration Force 9199kg Pry-Out Force 11641kg Ripper Shank Holder Spacing 533mm Ripper Shank Holders 5 Ripping Depth - Maximum 428mmScarifier
Front, V-Type, 5 or 11 Tooth - Scarifier Shank Holder Spacing 116mm Front, V-Type, 5 or 11 Tooth - Scarifier Shank Holders 5, 11 Front, V-Type, 5 or 11 Tooth - Scarifying Depth, Maximum 467mm Front, V-Type, 5 or 11 Tooth - Working Width 1205mm Mid, V-Type - Scarifier Shank Holder Spacing 116mm Mid, V-Type - Scarifier Shank Holders 11 Mid, V-Type - Scarifying Depth, Maximum 292mm Mid, V-Type - Working Width 1184mm Rear - Scarifier Shank Holder Spacing 267mm Rear - Scarifier Shank Holders 9 Rear - Scarifying Depth, Maximum 266mm Rear - Working Width 2300mmWeights
Gross Vehicle Weight - Base - Front Axle 4220kg Gross Vehicle Weight - Base - Rear Axle 12011kg Gross Vehicle Weight - Base - Total 16231kg Gross Vehicle Weight - Maximum - Front Axle 6839kg Gross Vehicle Weight - Maximum - Rear Axle 15206kg Gross Vehicle Weight - Maximum - Total 22045kg Gross Vehicle Weight - Typically Equipped 18400kg Gross Vehicle Weight - Typically Equipped - Front Axle 5090kg Gross Vehicle Weight - Typically Equipped - Rear Axle 13310kg Gross Vehicle Weight - Typically Equipped - Total 18400kg Note Base operating weight calculated on standard machine configuration with 14.00R24 tires on a single piece rim, full fuel tank, coolant, lubricants, and operator. Operating Weight - Typically Equipped 18400kgDimensions
Ground Clearance - Rear Axle 339mm Height - Exhaust Stack 3076mm Height - Front Axle Center 596mm Height - Top of Cab 3308mm Height - Top of Cab Product Link 3378mm Height - Top of Cylinders 3040mm Length - Between Tandem Axles 1523mm Length - Front Axle to Mid Tandem 6123mm Length - Front Axle to Moldboard 2552mm Length - Front Tire to Rear of Machine 8754mm Length - Push Plate to Ripper 10136mm Length - Push Plate to Ripper Retracted 9818mm Width - Outside Front Tires 2511mm Width - Outside Rear Tires 2511mm Width - Tire Center Lines 2140mmStandards
Brakes ISO 3450:1996 Note (1) The static sound operator pressure level measured according to ISO 6394:2008 for a cab offered by Caterpillar, when properly installed, maintained and tested with doors and windows closed and hydraulic fan at maximum speed is 74 dB(A). ROPS/FOPS ISO 3471:2008, ISO 3449:2005 Level II Sound ISO 6394:2008, ISO 6395:2008 Steering ISO 5010:2007Net Power - VHP Plus
Gear - Forward 1st 136kW Gear - Forward 2nd 140kW Gear - Forward 3rd 144kW Gear - Forward 4th 148kW Gear - Forward 5th 151kW Gear - Forward 6th 151kW Gear - Forward 7th 155kW Gear - Forward 8th 159kW Gear - Reverse 1st 136kW Gear - Reverse 2nd 140kW Gear - Reverse 3rd 144kW
How does the 140 Compare?
Motor Graders Cat 140Operating Weight18,400kgNet Power136kW (183hp)Moldboard Width3.7mSELECTED MODEL
Motor Graders Cat 120 / 120 AWDOperating Weight15,824kgNet Power104kW (139hp)Moldboard Width3.7m (12ft)
Motor Graders Cat 150 / 150 AWDOperating Weight18,991kgNet Power136-174kW (183-237hp)Moldboard Width4.3m (14ft)
TOP POINTS ON WHOLE OF LIFE EVALUATION
John Lyons, Manager of Construction and Maintenance for the Moyne Shire Council
A JOY TO OPERATE
Greg Walters, Greg's Grader Hire
Peter Anderson, Anderson Grading
Technology That Pushes Profits
- Makes smart use of technology and services to improve job site efficiency.
- Provides important insight into your equipment and operations.
- Equipment Management - increase uptime and reduce operating costs.
- Productivity - monitor production and manage job site efficiency.
- Safety - enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.
Built To Perform
- Cat C7 engine delivers the performance needed to maintain consistent grading speeds for maximum productivity.
- Superior torque and lugging capability provide the power to pull through sudden, short-term increases in loads.
- Engine technology lowers combustion chamber temp. Optimising combustion for more output for each unit of fuel.
- Hydraulic demand fan auto adjusts speed according to engine cooling requirements. When cooling demand is reduced, you benefit from more power to the ground and improved fuel efficiency.
- Save fuel and reduce emissions with software-enabled Engine Idle Shutdown Timer.
- Designed and manufactured to give you efficiency and longevity in your most demanding applications.
- Standard Automatic Differential Lock/Unlock; unlocks the differential during a turn and re-locks when straight for easier operation and to help protect the power train.
- Full Electronic Clutch Pressure Control system optimises inching modulation for smooth shifts and directional changes, reducing stress on gears.
- Programmable AutoShift simplifies operation, allowing operators to program the transmission to shift at optimal points to match your application.
- Power Shift Countershaft Transmission is matched to the Cat engine to maximize power to the ground.
- Wide operating gear range for maximum productivity.
- Integrated mastless technology improves grading efficiency, accuracy and productivity or automated grading systems without the restriction associated with GNSS Blade Masts.
Reliability You Can Count On
- Proven load-sensing system and advanced electro-hydraulics give you superior implement control and responsive hydraulic performance. Continuously matching hydraulic flow/pressure to power demands generates less heat and reduces fuel consumption.
- Proportional Priority Pressure-Compensating (PPP-C) valves have different flow rates for the head and rod ends of the cylinder. Count on consistent, predictable implement response.
- Balanced hydraulic flow is proportioned ensuring implements operate simultaneously without slowing the engine or implement reaction time.
- Blade Float allows the blade to move freely under its own weight.
- Float both cylinders allowing the blade to follow the ground contours
- Floating only one cylinder permits the toe of the blade to follow a hard surface while the operator controls the slope with the other lift cylinder.
- Large, separate hydraulic oil supplies prevent cross-contamination and provide proper oil cooling, which reduces heat build-up and extends component life.
- Cat XT™ hose allows high pressures for maximum power and reduced downtime.
Designed For Operators
- Good visibility is key to safety and efficiency. Angled cab doors, tapered engine enclosure and a sloped rear window make it easy to see the moldboard and tires, as well as behind the machine.
- Factory fitted rear vision camera further enhances lines of sight all around the machine.
- The most spacious, comfortable cab in the industry.
- Easy-to-learn joystick controls replace levers, so hand and arm movements are reduced by 78%.
- Steering control automatically reduces sensitivity at higher ground speeds for predictable control.
- Touch button Articulation Return-to-Center auto returns the machine to a straight frame position from any angle.
- Infinitely variable roller control switches in easy reach; controlling rear ripper and/or front lift group (if equipped)
- Electronic Throttle Control for productivity gains; best match of horsepower and torque to match the application.
- High capacity Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system dehumidifies and pressurizes the cab, circulates fresh air, seals out dust and keeps windows clear from fogging.
- Deluxe radio with CD features MP3 and Bluetooth® technology is standard.
Safely Home, Every Day
- Operator Presence Monitor keeps parking brake engaged and hydraulic implements disabled until the operator is seated and the machine is ready for operation.
- Speed Sensitive Steering lessens sensitivity as ground speed increases for greater confidence and control.
- Secondary Steering System's electric hydraulic pump automatically engages in case of a drop in steering pressure to ensure operator can steer the machine to a stop.
- Hydraulic lockout disables all implement functions while still providing machine steering control.
- Brakes located at each tandem wheel to eliminate braking loads on the power train. Redundant brake systems utilise accumulators to enable stopping in case of machine failure.
- Perforated steel tandem walkways with convenient grab rails for sturdy platform when moving on, off and around.
- Circle Drive Slip Clutch protects the drawbar, circle and moldboard from shock loads if the blade encounters an immovable object and also reduces the possibility of abrupt directional changes in poor traction conditions.
- Blade Lift Accumulators help absorb impact loads by allowing vertical blade travel. This optional feature reduces wear and impact loading for enhanced operator safety.
- E-Fence technology that prevents the moldboard from hitting the tyres and ladders and stops the circle from potentially damaging the link bar.
Heavy Duty Construction
- Filters, such as fuel, engine air, and oil filters, are grouped together for easy access.
- Caterpillar designs motor grader frame and drawbar components to give you performance and durability.
- One-piece forged steel circle stands up to high stress loads, and a sacrificial wear system helps keep your service time and costs down.
- Articulation hitch features a large tapered roller bearing to carry loads evenly and smoothly. Sealed to prevent contamination and a locking pin prevents articulation during service or transport.
- The drawbar, circle and moldboard make it easy for you to keep the components tight.
- Shims and patented top-adjust wear strips are easy to add or replace, reducing downtime.
- Durable nylon composite wear inserts maximize circle torque and component life.
- Sacrificial brass wear strips between blade mounting group and moldboard can be easily adjusted and replaced.
- Shim less Moldboard Retention System uses vertical and horizontal adjusting screws to keep moldboard wear strips aligned for reduced blade chatter and precise blade control.
- An aggressive blade angle, optimized moldboard curvature and large throat clearance help you work more efficiently by allowing material to roll more freely along the blade.
- Heat-treated rails, hardened cutting edges and end bits, and heavy duty bolts to give you greater moldboard reliability and long service life.
- Link bar allows extreme moldboard positioning for easier bank sloping and ditch cutting/cleaning.